The Tourism Snowy Mountains Event Marketing Fund will provide financial support for the marketing and promotion of events in the Snowy Mountains region. By supporting both existing and emerging events, Tourism Snowy Mountains aims to increase event-based visitation to the area, enrich the visitor experience and promote the Snowy Mountains as a leading tourism and events destination. Funds will be made available via application, with amounts awarded on a case-by-case basis. Second round applications open November 1st, 2022.
The program aims to:
- Provide financial support for the marketing and promotion of events in the Snowy Mountains region.
- Entice new events to the region that support and enhance the Snowy Mountains brand and to grow and develop existing events within the region.
- Drive event-based visitation to the Snowy Mountains region through the support of diverse, high-quality experiences.
- Promote the Snowy Mountains as a leading tourism and events destination
- Provide a descriptive outline of the event including evidence that it aligns with the aims of the Tourism Snowy Mountains Event Marketing Fund
- A comprehensive marketing strategy must be provided to the Board of Tourism Snowy Mountains including:
a. Identification of the event’s target market and its relevance to the region.
b. Estimation of potential marketing reach along with an outline of what channels will be used to achieve this and how they will be used
c. Communications plan and timeline
d. Projected number of visitors the event will bring to the region
e. Examples of imagery and logos associated with the event
f. Please include some information on how your event will encourage visitors to explore the Snowy Mountains, for example inclusion of ‘where to stay’ and ‘what do to’ web pages, visitor guide, suggested drive itineraries etc
- Applicants must specify that their event falls into one of the below categories:
a. Food / Drink
c. Arts and Culture
d. Sports / Adventure
- Applicants are urged to provide letters of support for their event
- Applicants must agree to use the TSM logo and website links in marketing / communications collateral (subject to TSM’s approval). Reference to how this will be achieved must be included in the application.
- Applicants must provide a post event report on marketing activity. Framework for this report should be provided upon application
- Evidence of capacity to deliver the marketing activity to the specified scope and timeline must be provided
- Applicants must be signed up to TSM’s industry newsletter
- Event organisers must disclose other relevant funding sources
- Events held in off peak or shoulder periods will be viewed favourably
Applications for the Tourism Snowy Mountains Event Marketing Fund will be open twice per year:
- 2022 ROUND ONE applications open May 1, 2022 and close June 7, 2022
- 2022 ROUND TWO applications open Nov 2022 and close November 30, 2022
Applications will be accepted for events being held prior to 31 December 2023
- The application (addressing all points outlined in the assessment criteria) can be sent via email to [email protected]
- Applications will be assessed by the Board of Tourism Snowy Mountains
- Amount awarded will be decided on a case by case basis
To be eligible for funding under the TSM Event Marketing Fund, applicants must:
- Be the event owner or chief organiser
- Have an Australian Business Number
- Have a minimum $20 million in public liability insurance and other relevant insurance cover
- Event must fit into one of the categories outlined under Assessment Criteria above
How To Apply:
- Send your application to [email protected]
- Ensure your application is in line with the assessment criteria and addresses the points outlined under the Application Process
For more information, please contact:
Tourism Snowy Mountains Marketing and Communications Manager
0404 077 669