For immediate release: All businesses in the Snowy Mountains are invited to join Tourism Snowy Mountains and Destination Southern New South Wales, plus a raft of high profile industry speakers, to welcome winter 2023.
The Forum will be held at Cuisine Restaurant, Lake Crackenback Resort on 10 May 2023 from 1:30 – 5:30pm (networking to follow).
According to Janet Mackay, Chair of Tourism Snowy Mountains… “This is a fantastic opportunity for businesses in the Snowy Mountains to come together before another busy winter season. We have invited guest speakers who will have valuable information for businesses about tourism trends, sustainability and new government initiatives to support tourism. Plus, there will be opportunities for business owners to ask questions, network and share ideas.”
The line-up of guest speakers includes:
- Hon. Kristy McBain, Member for Monaro (TBC)
- Sophie Treasure, Industry Relations Manager, Tourism Australia
- Tim Loxton, Director, Regional Hub, Destination NSW
- Nadia Feeney, Australian Tourism Data Warehouse
- Richard Beere, Chair and Richard Everson, General Manager, Destination Southern
- Janet Mackay, Chair, Tourism Snowy Mountains
- Stuart Diver, General Manager, Thredbo
- Robert Lloyd, Sales and Marketing Director, Vail Resorts (Perisher)
- Josh Elliot, Chief Operating Officer, Blyton Group (Selwyn Snowfields, Charlotte Pass
- Karen Taylor, Ryefield Hops, Bemboka
During the afternoon, Destination Southern NSW will present an interactive workshop providing insights on how to promote a tourism business through a range of channels including digital marketing, media and local networks.
The 2023 Pre-Winter Tourism Industry Forum is part of Tourism Snowy Mountains’ Industry Development Program. As part of the Program, Tourism Snowy Mountains has already held a number of workshops aimed at boosting year-round tourism in the region.
Businesses that took part in the previous workshops were given the opportunity to enrol in a free mentoring program, lead by industry leaders such as Charlotte Prouse from Destination Marketing Store and Todd Wright from Threesides Marketing.
Dee Hibberd from Snowy Ceramics had this to say about the program… “It’s been wonderful. I really don’t think I could have got to this stage [with my business] without the mentorship. It helped me identify who my customer was, it helped me with my focus and now everything is up and running. It’s been amazing.”
The 2023 Pre-Winter Tourism Industry Forum is another example of how Tourism Snowy Mountains is helping to evolve and develop tourism products in the region, which will assist in growing a sustainable year-round visitor economy.
Please register for this free event here.
For more information please contact:
Marketing and Communications Manager, Tourism Snowy Mountains
0404 077 669